Saturday, February 19, 2011

NEWS: Upcoming GI Joe and Marvel Universe Reviews


Just a quick update on today's shopping haul. As well as finding a number of GI Joe toys at marked-down prices (Walmart and Toys R Us are clearing-out their Rise of the Cobra vehicles for around half-price) today also heralded my first sighting of a new ''secret'' wave of Marvel variants Hasbro has snuck onto the shelves. I noticed earlier some online retailers had restocked with some ''rarer'' figures but it appears Hasbro has indeed re-issued some older figures, all be it with a twist, including a Daredevil in dark-red costume variant and my two purchases:  the Ms Marvel variant  (note that this appears to be the Dark Avengers Ms Marvel) and Warpath (again in a variant costume.) 

Reviews to follow.

4 comments:

  1. Nice haul!
    I'd forgotten that Warpath and Ms. Marvel had those variants. Time to add them to the wants list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is the odd thing - the Ms Marvel one is a new variant. As you probably know, the originals were the modern (black) costume/long hair and original (red) costume/short hair. This one is the original costume but with long hair. Not only that but the head is a new sculpt and features a new mask. Yet the packaging still claims it's Carol Danvers, even though I think it's supposed to be Karla Sofen.)

    As for Warpath, I think this is a new variant, as I've never seen it before (not that you see many Warpaths on the shelf anyway...) and there's also a Daredevil in a much darker, almost burgundy-red costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your GI Joe review Iok and am getting the "bug" to pick up a few more of these too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've got it bad. I picked up the Desert Combat Snake Eyes tonight and had to restrain myself from buying a vehicle set, too. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...