Wednesday, May 18, 2011

NEWS: TNA Wrestling Wave 5 Pre-Production Shots


TNA Wrestling - or is it simply Impact Wrestling now? - has released pre-production shots of the upcoming Wave 5 figures. And we've got them here for you.

Produced by Jakks Pacific, this wave features four ''regular'' figures - Angelina Love, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe and ''The Freak'' Rob Terry plus ''Legends of the Ring'' edition Raven.

It's nice to see the figures using different body types and I'm particularly impressed with the facial sculpts, with Joe's sneer being nigh-on perfect. I may have to start looking back at the TNA Impact figures, as I'd never really paid them much heed before, despite being an Impact viewer.

No word on a release date yet but this wave is set to go into production ''in two weeks'' so start looking in the next month or so. Until then, here's some images to whet your appetite.


5 comments:

  1. Stopped watching Pro Wrestling(Sports Entertainment)about a year or so ago. Jost not the same anymore to me and does these TNA figures actual sell? I seem to see the WWE stuff moving off the shelf more at lest my way but at lest he has to do better than Playmates Lucha Libra stuff does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really no idea how well it does. I've never paid them much heed to be honest, despite being a TNA viewer (even if it has lost its way a bit.) I think TNA is certainly the underdog but when their product IS good (both shows and figures) I think they outclass the WWE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my problem with TNA is that it really has lost it focus. It went from being something different from the WWE to trying to be like the WWE so in result is we are looking at WCW all over again. I might sound a little critical of it but having grown watching wrestling back in the early 80s i have watched it change to something i just like anymore sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're exactly right - everything that made it good has been watered down or removed in favour of ''Hey look! We're WWE-ish!''

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...