Tuesday, June 7, 2011

VIDEO VIEW: GI Joe Adventure Team Commercial


When war toys fell out of favour with the US public, Hasbro had to reinvent GI Joe. The result was the Adventure Team, where the Joes no longer fought wars but - as the name suggests - had adventures. This commercial features the Search for the Stolen Idol set, which includes a funky orange helicopter (I'm pretty sure it's a recolour of a previously-released military green one), gold Buddha - sorry ''idol'' - and a less than impressive rubber snake (although I'm sure the Power of Imagination could transform it into a vaguely impressive rubber snake.)

Although purists may argue that this wasn't ''proper'' GI Joe, I  like the Adventure Team concept and not just because I'm a pacifist. I think they demonstrated a little more creativity and I like the Saturday Morning Cartoon feel of the whole thing. Very Johnny Quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...