Tuesday, February 14, 2012

NEWS: Jon M. Chu's GI Joe: Retaliation Plot Hints


GI Joe: Retaliation director Jon M. Chu has revealed a few hints as to some of the surprises we can expect to see when the movie hits theatres later this year.

Obviously, this contains potential spoilers.

The interview - which originally appeared at the Huffington Post - was spotted by the HISS Tank (thanks for that guys!), who picked-out the most pertinent teasers:

You're a G.I. Joe fan. In a perfect world, would you rather have just rebooted this franchise from scratch considering the first movie is nothing like G.I. Joe?
Yeah, I mean, for any filmmaker you want to start with nothing.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not in this movie. Under the mask, is this the same character that Levitt played?
No. [Smiling] But we figured out a way that's pretty nice. And you get the Cobra Commander that you've always wanted. Or, to me, what I always wanted: a bad-ass villain. He's one of the most iconic villains ever. I'm even following him on Twitter -- he's so funny. 

Was that one of your first commands as director? "Cobra Commander has to look like Cobra Commander."
Yeah, definitely, no doubt. That and no lips on Snake Eyes. And no laser guns. And as much real, physical stunts as we can. I don't want to shoot on a green screen. Of course we had to do some green screen, but, for the most part, we got to shoot a lot of practical stunts. 

And we may see Destro?
[Smiling] You may see a little glimpse of Destro. We'll have to see. Speaking of the comic book, I love "Silent Interlude." It's one of my favorite. Obviously that changed everything for Joe. We do a little homage in our movie to "Silent Interlude." I'm very excited for the fans to see what we do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...