Tuesday, October 23, 2012

NEWS: Arrow Gets Second Season


The CW has ordered a second full Season of Arrow, the action-drama based on DC's Green Arrow.

As reported at SFX, despite only airing two episodes of the show's first season The CW has declared it a hit and commissioned a second run of 22 additional episodes. Given the show's numbers - the Pilot was the channel's most-watched show in 3 years with an audience of over 4 million viewers - it comes as no surprise to learn they're keen to continue charting the adventures of Oliver Queen. 

In related news, The CW's other big 2012 launch, their remake of 80s romdram Beauty and The Beast, isn't fairing quite so well. The Pilot audience of just under 3 million viewers dropped to 2 million by the second episode. It's not all doom and gloom though and The CW has ordered a additional three scripts.

1 comment:

  1. This definitely doesn’t sound like a great police show, but I know a couple people who like it. Most notable is my daughter, who has our Hopper set to record the entire series. Fortunately there’s enough memory that she can save all the episodes and there’s still room for the rest of the family to record their shows. Personally, though, I’m not sure about Beauty & The Beast. I work late at DISH so I can’t actually watch the show with my daughter, but I was thinking of trying it out. Your recap makes it sound dramatic if nothing else, and I do like dramas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...