Tuesday, January 28, 2014

NEWS: Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who Costume Revealed

I know I'm breaking our own self-imposed ''toys only'' rule, but you know, never ever tell me the rules.

That was a Doctor Who quote.

Anyway, here's our first look at the Doctor's new costume.

The new-look Doctor was unveiled to the world late last night by the BBC, with Peter Capaldi himself describing it as "No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord."

Although it may initially appear a little simple, a closer inspection reveals some neat touches. The cut of the jacket and pants are both very Edwardian (an aesthetic that cast a long shadow over the Classic Doctors), the patent leather Doctor Martens make ideal footwear for an adventurer and the under-jacket cardigan will, I'm sure, prove to be this year's bow tie.

What are your thoughts? Like it? Hate it? Let us know below!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me, too. It kind of reminds me of an update of the First and Third Doctor's style.

      Delete
  2. I like that its a simpler look, it'll add to the angry straight forward character that I think he will be playing. As time goes by he may pick up an affectation to add in ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Capaldi is probably going to be a more serious/less-frivolous Doctor from some of the comments I've read about his approach to the role. So this look works for that (plus it's actually pretty damned stylish.) Like you say, there's also room to evolve it over time, much as Matt Smith's Doctor went through a few - quite radical - overhauls.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...