Monday, June 15, 2015

NEWS: New CORPS! Figures Spotted Online

Fans of Lanard's The CORPS! figures will be pleased to learn there are a slew of new sets heading our way - including, for the first time, female recruits!

These images - which appeared recently on the website of UK-based toy store Smyth's - show a number of new vehicles and figure sets, including some familiar faces alongside a number of new characters, facing off in what appears to be a new theme: ''The Corps Elite Vs The Curse.'' As of yet we've no word on pricing but I'd expect a Dollar-for-Pound direct translation.
Interestingly there are two new, female additions to the line-up and although it's difficult to tell from these images, they appear to have jointed hips, rather than the simple T-crotch set-up used by their male counterparts. Sadly, though, the multi-figure sets also include some of the recent limited-articulation figures introduced in the previous wave. Still, it's a trade-off I'm willing to make to get some cool new characters, especially as The CORPS! figures are always sold at such a competitive price-point.

Smyth's lists the new releases as coming in August to the UK. No word yet on whether we'll see them in the US around the same time (or even sooner) but we'll be certainly checking the toy aisle at our local Walmart and Big Lots stores and when we find them, we'll let you know!

12 comments:

  1. Hope they make their way down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walmart is one of the few places you can pretty much guarantee to find CORPS! toys, so I'm hoping I have some success at one of the 1327907813 stores in the area... :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Its been a while have no new Corps! figures in stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The latest I've seen are from the CORPS! Elite line but they were (actually really neat) repaints of the one-man copter and mini-jet (I reviewed both earlier in their original forms.) Hopefully that means we'll be seeing the other new sets here soon, too..!

      Delete
  3. Wow. I'll keep an eye out for those new three packs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have a few of the figures in there already but given they're like $5 a pack (probably) it's really no big deal...

      Delete
  4. The new female characters are really, really cool. Are these the first Corps. females? I can't remember any other previous ones...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they are. They're certainly the first ''new''-style female CORPS! figures.

      Delete
  5. It's about n time been wanting female figures for some time now. Going to get sick next week and spend some presidents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I'm looking forward to these new figures. The CORPS! are always fun figures and I'm certainly excited to see these new additions - I just hope I can find them!

      Delete
  6. I am in the US and I saw them today at Walmart. Though they had them as a single pack ($1.97). They had both Ogre and Plague from the curse line. About a year prior they had Reaper in a 3 pack with a small vehicle. I see now he is part of the curseline as well and still sold the same way (3 pack)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome that they're showing up across the country now! We've been able to grab a few packs and if you check our most recent updates you should find a couple of Reviews!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...