Wednesday, April 6, 2011

COOL CAPSULES: Squishy Rubber Pencil Topper Monkey Thing


Hello Sir!

I have to admit, I have a thing about monkeys and monkey-based toys. So you can imagine how happy I was when I not only spotted a toy vending machine full of animals, but that I also managed to score the monkey toy from it.

Please note that the following may not be safe for work... Really, I'm not joking.

This little fella stands at about 1 1/2'' tall and is made from a very soft, squishy rubber. He's hollow, too, so when you squeeze him, he tends to deflate/mutate, which is kind of cool. The rubber actually feels a little weird to the touch and has that slightly sticky feel about it. There's no adhesive or anything applied to the toy - it's just the weird rubbery material it's made from.



The sculpt is quite nice. He has a big happy smile on his face and the primitive way he's rendered is kind of cute in a childish way. He's also got a tail as part of the sculpt, rather than being painted-on, which is nice. The legs are also cast in this soft rubbery plastic, meaning you can balance him on a pencil or your finger and have him ''grip'' it, a cool feature if you ask me.

There are a couple of black dots painted on for eyes and his mouth and ears are picked-out in a different tone, which is nice. It's not the cleanest of apps but it's good for what it is.

However, it's not so good when you turn him over and look at the base. He's intended to be a pencil topper - and so I expected a hole for the pencil - but this is something that once seen cannot be un-seen.








I'm about to use a phrase I never thought I'd utter, but it's the only way I can prepare you for what you're about to see...








Ready?








''Gaping monkey anus.''







Still with me? OK, well don't say you weren't warned...









Yeah. Not a pretty sight.

For 50c, he's a pretty cool little toy, though - just so long as you don't look at his arse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...