Thursday, July 14, 2011

NEWS: The Thing Prequel Trailer


John Carpenter's superb remake of the 1951 classic, Thing From Another World, is getting the remake treatment itself. 

Technically the movie is being pitched as a prequel. A prequel that just happens to include some of the set-pieces from the 1982 version. And the same name. I guess ''premake'' would be as good a term as any.

Anyway, here's the trailer.


I'm pretty sure I spotted Vaughn and his tiny nipples in there.

The Thing is released on October 14th.

3 comments:

  1. i really really love the 1982 version it's one of the best sci-fi horror films of all time. it's yet another thing that made the 80s great. i'm honestly not sure what to make of this trailer i'll need to think it over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the movie looks good, but I love John Carpenters one so much, I find it hard to believe they will be able to top it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. The Thing is a near-perfect movie: great script, cool concept, awesome soundtrack (weird how Morricone produces a great Carpenter-inspired score), great acting and superb effects.

    I really don't get this new version at all...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...