Tuesday, March 29, 2011

NEWS: Secrets of Marvel Mega Bloks Revealed!


We've previously looked at the Invincible Iron Man minifig from the Marvel Mega Bloks range. Although I liked the toy, I commented on my concerns over the higher chances of getting duplicate figures, given how few figures were in the range.

Well if you're in the same position as me - and don't mind spoilers - then read on, as the secret to finding the figures you want is revealed after the jump.

Over at Halo Mega Blok site Spartan Bloks, there's a post that claims you can identify which figure is in which pack based upon the embossed serial numbers on the packaging. Although some purists may feel this ruins the point of blind-buying, when the chances of getting repeat figures is as high as they are with these figures (the line features just 5 commons, 2 rares, 1 ultra-rare) I certainly wouldn't blame anybody for using this method.


If you're interested you can check out the post here. Note that we've not validated this method and accept no responsibility if it doesn't work!

With special thanks to Soundwave810 for the tip-off.

5 comments:

  1. Ok so i tried this out today and i must be looking at the wrong numbers on the package or something at the store because i could not match up any of the numbers to the codes that are listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The folks over on Spartan Blocks set me strait on these now and the codes do work! I picked up two of the little guys using them tonight. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it! I saw a Spider-Man/Green Goblin playset the other day for $6 in TJ Maxx and almost bought it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i saw the same one too there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazed me more was that it hadn't been ripped open!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...