Saturday, March 19, 2011

VIDEO VIEW: Six Million Dollar Man Bionic Grip Commercial


It's the subject of some debate, but I personally fall into the ''EH-EH-EH-EH-EH'' school of thought when it comes to the noise Steve Austin's bionic powers made. I've seen it rendered as ''DUG-A-DUG-A-DUG'' but that's quite preposterous and anybody believing such nonsense is clearly suffering some form of brain fever.

Anyway, today's Video View shows the Six Million Dollar Man (which by today's standards would probably be just about enough to pay his doctor's first consultation fee) in action with his Mission to Mars Adventure Set and bionic grip. I personally never owned the Six Million Dollar Man toys, but I did quite like Oscar Goldman's exploding briefcase. But that's a tale for another time.

6 comments:

  1. i found that doll at thrift store many many many years ago. he was in pretty good shape nothing busted on him. and he even had his red jump suite which was also in good shape. it was a good find but i can't remember what happened to it for the life of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cool find. Our local thrift stores are always just full of old man pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our most recent episode has this guy in it. Our friend Jeremy did a guest spot on the show and brought some of his vintage toys. Steve Austin was one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda remember the TV series but don't think I did get to hold the toys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid, my best friend had them. They were kinda cool but I think they were also a bit limited beyond the gimmicks of the removable bionic parts and stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...