Monday, March 7, 2011

WTW? VIDEO VIEW MASHUP: Milky the Marvelous Milking Cow


Country music! Fake milk! Hayseed Accents! Plastic teats! 

What the What?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Milky the Marvelous Milking Cow.

I could imagine Milky providing literally minutes of fun. And even then only for kids who had no other toys.  I particularly like the way they try to make the toy even more action-oriented by including a WORKING COWBELL. I'm amazed anybody got anything done in the 70s, as I thought everybody would be at home making fake milk with their plastic cows...

Were Milky to produce, you know, actual milk you could drink (or at least some kind of Kool-Aid quasi-soda) I could understand it. But no, you pop some ''milk tablets'' into the cow (probably where you'd imagine, given the nature of the toy) she ''drinks'' water and you get some cloudy water. After squeezing its disturbing-looking teats.

The 70s were a different country, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...