Tuesday, May 3, 2011

VIDEO VIEW: Blackstar Toy Commercial


Laser Lights! Laser Lights! It's Blackstaaar!

Based upon a cartoon series (which - to my knowledge - was never shown in the UK, despite this being a UK commercial), Blackstar told the tale of John Blackstar, an astronaut crash-lands upon alien world of science and magic (so nothing like Masters of the Universe then...) and finds himself battling against the evil Overlord.

Interestingly the ad is pitched at parents (note the ''It's new, for your kids!'' comment at the start) which is probably intended to reassure the adults that these toys aren't - despite appearances - novelty cigarette lighters. 

I bet there were a lot of chaffed thumbs after this commercial.

2 comments:

  1. BlackStar! I totally need to find a few of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we ever got the cartoon, like I said, but the ad has stuck with me for years!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...