Wednesday, March 30, 2011

VIDEO VIEW: Star Trek Command Communications Console


Kids these days don't know they're even born, what with their Interweb-enabled smarting phones and iParts. Back in my day if you wanted to communicate with somebody over a distance you either shouted very loudly or used tin cans connected by a length of string (which worked, so long as you kept the string taut.)

But Mego offered an awesome third way with this fantastic Star Trek Command Communications Console. If this thing really did exist - and worked - then I'm amazed there was any crime in the US in the 1970s, as I'm sure gangs of bike-riding plucky youngsters in the Red Hand Gang mold would have used such consoles to coordinate their efforts to bring-down groups of criminals and neerdowells...

8 comments:

  1. I think there was a Batman version of this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Why didn't kids use THAT to fight crime then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should! I would if i had one.....Evil Doers Beware.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They'd probably be smugglers over at Haunted Cove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never had this but did have the communicators...they were awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The commercial for them is on Youtube, too - they do look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still use my communicators and console to this day. That's neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Cheaper than a cell plan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...