Saturday, May 28, 2011

TOY HAUL: 28th May


Today saw some great results: 

A GI Joe Rockslide ATAV and Polar Sharc (thanks to Ross Dress for Less) and two Freaky Geeks from a Toys R Us vending machine (one of which I had but at least this is the fully-painted variant) started the day off well.

Billy's Comics and Toys yielded some great GI Joe finds: Deep Six, Shipwreck, a Crimson Neo-Viper and Sgt. Stone. Georgia collectors should make visiting Billy's store a priority, as not only is it amazingly-well stocked and competitively priced but shopping there is a pleasure thanks to the super-friendly staff.

In an effort to disprove my Collector Comment from yesterday, the God of Toys granted me a World War Hulk, Crazy Legs, Snake Eyes (Temple Guardian) and a Rock Viper (thanks to a random Walmart that - yet again - had stock no other store within 20 miles had.)

And in a weird moment of small world-ism, I also ran into fellow HISS Tanker Gyrapados at Billy's Toys and comics, which - bizarrely - wouldn't have happened had he not given me the tip off about Billy's new store in the first place...

All in all, a good day.

5 comments:

  1. Cool Kev glad you were able to get some goodies finally. : )

    I will heading out on a road trip myself on Monday hitting up a large Flea Market a few other odd places so i get luck like you did so wish me luck. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! I was really pleased with my haul and visiting Billy's store was superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's what happens when you complain about Hasbro's distribution

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. I thought the exact same thing. I'll have to keep doing it... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...