Monday, February 7, 2011

NEWS: Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor and Transformers 3 TV Spots

Last night saw the US's biggest sporting event, The Super Bowl.

I frankly had no idea what was going on (I'm still trying to figure American Football out). However, what I do know is that - as some of the hottest air-time on US TV - advertisers are very keen to showcase their new products and movies. Now you may be wondering what this has to do with That Figures - unless of course you're very smart and you read the post's title. Well, the reason for this update is simple: the Super Bowl saw TV spots for Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor, plus Transformers 3.

But fear not if you happened to miss them - here they are again.

Captain America: The First Avenger


Not a great deal is given away here, although the CG weedy Steve Rogers body effect is very cool and be ready with the pause button, as the Red Skull is finally revealed!

Thor

I'd hoped for a bit more Thee and Thou in the dialogue and I've a feeling that Thor won't regain his Asgardian heritage until the third act of the movie. I hope I'm wrong but the majority of the footage I've seen so far seems to be of him running around in his t-shirt and jeans.

Transformers 3: Explody Shooty Bang Bang (Again)


Hated the first one, skipped the second, have no reason to see the third. But it's the Transformers, so it's here purely out of respect for their heritage. Let's just hope J.J. Abrams gets his arse into gear and gets the Micronauts movie underway soon.

And The Rest



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh and my own crackpot theory is that Super 8 is in fact the Micronauts movie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...