Tuesday, March 15, 2011

COOL CAPSULES: Domo


Domo is a popular character in Japan, who originally began life as the mascot of the NHK television channel but quickly earned his own spin-off shorts, comicbook and toy line.

This Domo is from another capsule machine I encountered whilst out and about (in other words, I don't recall where I got him) and I actually bought him as a surprise gift for my wife. Yeah, I'm a big spender...


The machine had Domo in a variety of outfits and costumes, with each capsule costing 50c. The glasses he's wearing here are not part of his everyday look, so I'm assuming this is a geek Domo or something similar.


It's probably illegible but the back of Domo reads ''Domo (C) NHK-TYO 2010 CHINA A&A.'' It's too bad my camera can't handle such tiny detail better, as he's a pretty cool little toy, with some really cleanly-applied paint and nice details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...